<$BlogRSDURL$> ydb logo

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

we ain't too pretty, we ain't too proud

well, the countdown is on. my birthday is in 10 days, and i've decided to mark the slow crawl to 30 (yes, i realize that 40 is the new 30, and i am only turning 28, but still, humour me here) i've decided that i'm going to post songs that, in the past, i may have been embarassed to admit liking, but as i get older, i've stopped caring. to be clear, this isn't even a hipster ironic enjoyment. i just really like the songs. to kick things off, i thought it would be appropriate to throw some billy joel your way. this song in particular a) makes me want to sing, b) makes me remember being a kid and c) makes me feel badass, mostly because if the title is true, and i'm still kicking...well, i must be badass.
and just to make things interesting, here's a whole bunch of covers to boot:

billy joel - only the good die young
billy joel & elton john - only the good die young
me first and the gimme gimmes - only the good die young
howie day - only the good die young
rockapella - only the good die young
3 comments